Have seen this a few places in my Bloglines…
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? So many things. One easy one: camped in Wisconsin.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes, I did, though I went with monthly goals and I stopped setting them in August.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Many friends. Myself.
4. Did anyone close to you die? And how. My mom, my grandfather, my two grandmothers-in-law.
5. What countries did you visit? None!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Peace.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 29, though I’m appalled to admit that I sometimes have trouble remembering if it was the 28th or the 29th.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I stayed pregnant all the way until the end.
9. What was your biggest failure? Could I have been more neurotic?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Goodness. The kidney crap (which has not reared its ugly head since giving birth). I guess that’s really all that qualifies as “illness or injury.”
11. What was the best thing you bought? Some fabric that I love.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Randy’s. What an awesomely supportive husband I have.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Can’t say.
14. Where did most of your money go? Let’s see. Out of pocket health care. That would be One midwife’s care, One Doula’s care, Seven ultrasounds, several blood and urine tests, a specialist, a renal ultrasound, One year of Chiro care, and an external version. Oh, and about 4 visits to Perinatologists.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Um, we had a baby.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? I don’t know.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? This is an unfair question! Fatter than at the beginning of the year, skinnnier than at the end.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer in terms of money that we own, poorer in terms of money we have ready access to.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercising.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Stressing out.
20. How will you be spending the Winter? Knitting, Sewing, hopefully packing up orders, spending time with my kiddos.
22. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes.
23. What was your favorite month of 2008? November.
24. What was your favorite TV program? Um, I would say Man vs Wild
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, I tend to come to a decision that I strongly dislike someone after many, many months and I was so self-focused last year that nobody had a chance to annoy me that much.
26. What was the best book you read? nothing stands out. That’s sad.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Cats and the Fiddle.
28. What did you want and get? Healthy baby.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 32. I don’t recall what I did. I do recall that it was about 10,000 times better than the day I turned 31 and had a miscarriage and got thrown up on by Wally.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to chill out a bit.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? what?
33. What kept you sane? I don’t think I agree with the premise of this question.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? None!
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The election and all the new policies Obama is backing.
36. Who did you miss? Oddly, not my mom. I miss her this last month or so, though.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Dr. Mahone, though technically I met her in 2007.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008: I think I’m still processing.