1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I hosted my first big craft event.
2. Did you keep your New Years resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did a decent job. I did make new goals for 2010.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Several friends gave birth in 2009.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandmother.
5. What countries did you visit? None!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? hm. free time.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I can’t think of any.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Green Gifts Fair.
9. What was your biggest failure? I lost my temper a LOT
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing unusual.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Well, Randy bought me a new radio for my office.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Wally. Though he does have his moments, he is a REALLY good kid.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My sister. I love her like crazy, and it hurts to see her so unhappy and behaving in destructive ways.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Green Gifts Fair!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? The Alien Song (eep oop ork) and Interplanet Janet. Wally’s two car requests.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier
ii. thinner or fatter? The same.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spending time with God.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Ignoring my kids.
20. How will you be spending the Winter? Hopefully, focusing on making lasting improvements to our diets.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? I think it’s safe to say that I fell in love with Genna and continued to be in love with Wally and Randy.
23. What was your favorite month of 2009? July. Vacation.
24. What was your favorite TV program? erm… I really like Cake Boss.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, all the people I hated in 2009, I’ve hated for a long time. However, I think hate is not the right word. As my dad said, hate is active, and takes effort and energy. There are people who I avoid because they’re black holes of horribleness. There are people whose actions in the past have upset me so much that I won’t give them future chances. But I am not sure i actually hate them.
26. What was the best book you read?Lord of the Rings trilogy. Chronicles of Narnia entire series.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I have made no musical discoveries. I did start listening to books, though!
28. What did you want and get? That radio for my office.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Nothing stands out. Sad.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I don’t remember. I turned 33.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Taking better care of myself.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Same as always, though I wore pants more often in the cold.
33. What kept you sane? I reject the underlying assumption inherent in this question.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I’ve started loving Amy Adams.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Gosh. The state of America, the loss of our beloved republic.
36. Who did you miss? Wally. I miss alone time with him.
37. Who was the best new person you met? Laura from Waukee High School. She’s an awesome teacher.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: Genna was right. I need to take better care of myself.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: I got nothing.